The Cat Action Team (CAT) of Prince Edward Island (PEI) is an all-volunteer registered charitable organization working to care for and control the feral and stray cat population throughout the province. CAT was founded in November 2000 in Charlottetown by a group of citizens who shared a concern for the well-being of stray and feral cats. A Summerside chapter was formed in the spring of 2002. We have a board of directors.
Our goals are:
- To sustain a trap-neuter-release (TNR) program
- To provide long-term after care to neutered feral and stray cats by providing them with food, shelter, and medical care
- To reduce problematic behaviour and to reduce the threat of disease from feral and stray cats
- To reduce the number of unadoptable stray cats presented to the PEI Humane Society
- To educate the public about feral and stray cats and the problem of cat overpopulation
- To assist communities in the management of stray and feral cat populations.